Click below to view assignments
I used a switch case - the same code I used in my detect keypress task. I'm wondering if that was the correct method of implementation - changing directions isn't too quick or responsive.
I wasn't quite sure if this is what we're were trying to achieve - intially I had the jQuery animate() function as part of the mousemove event handler - which was an effect I actually liked a little better; however, the task instructions specifically advised against this and asked that you use and external function that is repeatedly called - setinterval is the appropriate function in this case.
Fairly happy with the overall movement - not sure if I should have done a background object - I might has well've.
5/4/11 - moved drawBoard() function so that board is drawn before both players are drawn.
My final game will have very little in the way of animated sprites, so I decided to have a little fun with this weeks exercise. I started with the example code and a sprite from NES/SNES Sprites.com. Overall I'm pretty proud of what I built - think it's neat. 'nuff said.